Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Happs

Budget 2.0 has made things a lot easier on me, forcing me to narrow my focus and make some final decisions.

Last week, Jessica and I bought all of our centerpieces at Garden Ridge (including a lovely trip to the location in Shurtz, TX). These pics don't do the look justice, but as you can see, I'm going for a warm/romantic look.
I surrounded the candle holders with store-bought river pebbles and added rocks from the River House. We came up with this idea when my parents where here to visit in May. While they were here, we took a trip to the River House and collected rocks from the river in hopes of incorporating them into our decor. They seem to fit perfectly here and pay honor to a special part of Lon's family and now ours. As I noted here, our linen color will be similar to our kitchen table, but brighter. We've also considered adding colored glass or a sash to add dimension. But at this point, I am happy with how it looks.

I am also in talks with a friend about DJ'ing the wedding. She has an impressive repertoire of music, amazing taste and has similar experience working at weddings. I think she'd make a fantastic DJ and hope she will seriously consider accepting the task.

With the centerpieces done, and DJ in works, we're getting very close to the end. Next, I need to choose a tux for Lon and his groom's men and register at Crate and Barrel and Bed Bath & Beyond. Then all that will be left is execution of the invitations and other DIY projects. Everything's wrapping up so quickly now - it's exciting but scary!

No comments: