Sunday, October 5, 2008

Descision time

After much hesitation, I've made lots of decisions recently!

The dress - I got my dress a few weeks ago at Lulu's Bridal in Dallas. On my sixth attempt, I found it - and for less than $1K. I'd recommend Lulu's over any bridal salon in Dallas - or Austin for that matter. The store is all about customer service. From the moment I walked in the door to when we left, I had an attendant by my side. She helped me pick dresses out, try them on, accessorize, and even helped seal the deal with a little bit of special-effect lighting. The details of the dress may be the only aspect of our wedding that I won't share - wait and see!

The groom - Lon will wear gray. This monochromatic look is nice, maybe we'll go all gray. (more on this later)

Bridesmaid Dresses - (and shoes from J Crew)
The florist: Parkcrest Floral. Martha was so enthusiastic and passionate about her work. We sat with her for nearly two hours. It was fantastic.

The baker: Rosanne DeMoss.

The invitations: Lon's mom Janet and I started some drafts and now we're collaborating with our friend, and local artist Terrence Moline on a design. He's a fantastic artist and recent transplant from NOLA. We met through his lovely wife Christine. I'm excited to share a piece of his work with you.

Now its on to music, registering, hair and makeup, and many more details!

1 comment:

Jessica J. said...

Glad things are coming together! Good luck finding the groomsmen outfits :)